2012 m. gruodžio 6 d., ketvirtadienis

SELF-ASSESMENT

ESP course wasn't the most easiest subject in this semester but it brought a huge benefit for my English. Some things were easy done, others not, but now, when I am finishing this course, I can say that I am satisfied in my achievements. So now I am going to evaluate each of tasks which were done in these few months.
ESP definition tests
This task was the most difficult for me. I just couldn't learn so many words in one day ( because I always have left it till last day). That was my mistake which I believe will not transfer in my future subjects.
Moodle tests
That was quite simple task for me. I am glad in my performance in these tests, because it definitely raise my final grade. In my opinion these tests are great idea, because it helps to consolidate knowledge. 
Online lisining practice
This activity includes listening, True/False, Synonym match and gap filling exercises. Mostly this task was quite easy. Maybe sometimes synonym match was a bit difficult because of unknown words, but generally I enjoyed doing this task and I think I was doing it well.
Traditional listening
Traditional listening to cassettes was very difficult for me. I can't even understand why. Maybe the reason is that traditional listening was difficult in themes, used vocabulary and pronunciation. So I had to be very focused while listening those records from cassette.
Online exercises 
There were two types of online exercises: from Feldman's course and from AP psychology review. Both were almost the same type and similar to Moodle tests. So that wasn't hardly done. 
Power Point Presentation
This task was the most interesting in whole course. I felt pleasure doing it. That looking for information, reading, writing and all that work was really inspiring. There were a few mistakes, but I think I can evaluate myself very good, because it gave me excellent experience.
Short talks
This task helped me to gain my grade after my vocabulary tests. There were no difficulties to prepare at home in given theme and I done it quite good, I am satisfied in that. There were interesting to look for information over interesting themes, to get new, unheard information.
Speaking improptu
That was simple for me. I have no difficulties in talking English, I think I can do it easily. Certainly, not always it is so easy to find words which express the ideas which I want to say, that requires experience which I also get in my ESP course.
To sum it up
I have to admit that not all activities were done so good how I expected but I noticed what I am doing wrong and I will try to not repeat my mistakes in future works. On the whole I can say that I am satisfied in my work on ESP course, I am happy to be given this opportunity to gain my knowledge and improve my English. 

References:
http://learnenglishteens.britishcouncil.org/exams/exam-listening/listening-tasks
http://365lettersblog.blogspot.com/2012/03/letter-writing-topics.html
http://www.daviddisalvo.org/the-daily-brain/2012/5/9/talking-about-ourselves-gives-our-brains-a-boost.html

Komentarų nėra:

Rašyti komentarą